The Saudi French Business Council (CAFS) and ESL & Network collaborated to launch the French Healthcare Day on 4th December 2023, at the Federation of Saudi Chambers, in Riyadh.
This event, which brought together more than 150 participants, was organised with the support of the French Parliament, the French Embassy to Saudi Arabia, Business France, BPI France, Rivington, and Medef International, which represented participated in the meeting.
The French delegation coming from France included elected members of the French Parliament, as well as 40 French companies operating in the healthcare sector, who met with representatives of the Ministry of Health of Saudi Arabia, of the French Embassy, more than 50 members of the Saudi French Business Council (CAFS).
The meeting gave way to the following program:
- Opening remarks by Dr. Ben Laden, President on the CAFS
- Opening remarks by H.E. Dr. Ibrahim AlOmar, Assistant Deputy Minister for Transformation, Ministry of Health of Saudi Arabia
- Opening remarks by H.E. Deputy Mrs. Amelia Lakrafi, President of the French Saudi Friendship Group of the French Parliament
- Opening remarks by H.E. Mr. Ludovic Pouille, Ambassador of France to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Opening remarks by H.E. Mr. Bertrand Besancenot, Senior Advisor of ESL & Network
- Presentation of “Investing in Saudi Arabia’s Healthcare” by Dr Adel Munshi, Ministry of Health of Saudi Arabia
- Presentation by Mrs. Alexia, Perouse, CEO of Ibionext
- Presentation by Mr. Sam Amory, Managing Director of Dedalus Middle East
- Q&A session
- Business lunch among participants
- Pitch session by French and Saudi healthcare companies followed by a networking session
The French Healthcare Day also gave way to the signature of three cooperation agreements to enhance collaboration in the healthcare sector between the two countries.
These agreements were:
- A cooperation agreement between the Ministry of Health and Dedalus company for cooperation in the field of health information technology and hospital management
- A MoU between the Advanced Electronic Company (AEC) and Dedalus,
- A MoU between Al Olayan Company and Dedalus, focusing on the private sector.
Finally, the French Healthcare Day also resulted in the membership application of Dedalus to the Saudi French Business Council (CAFS), which was officially signed during the event at the Federation of the Saudi Chambers, in presence of officials and delegates.
On this occasion, the Saudi French Business Council (CAFS) was represented by its president, Dr. Mohamed Ben Laden, its vice-presidents, Eng. Faiz AlElweet and Eng. Soufyan AlKabbani, its Director of External Relations, Mr. Basem AlHbshi, its chief of staff, Mr. Guillaume Rebiere, and its events & communication officer, Ms. Lamia AlFawzan